Securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate matters are the focus of Barbra Barnett’s legal practice. Businesses-including entrepreneurs, emerging companies and investors-rely on her for guidance on a variety of transactions and through all stages of a company's life cycle, from formation and private placement through expansion.
Prior to joining Stone Pigman in 2015, Barbra practiced with two international law firms.
- Represented Imoto, a technology company serving the real estate industry, and its sister company, Stilio, in connection with the acquisition of those companies by Urbanimmersive (a Canadian public company) for a combination of cash and stock.
- Represented Atlantic Natural Foods in sale of minority interest to Above Foods in transaction granting Above Foods the right to acquire all remaining equity of Atlantic Natural Foods.
- Represented Feenx Softworks, Inc., a Baton Rouge video game publishing house, in its intellectual property matters, securing registered trademarks for company's name and logo.
- Represent food service technology company in convertible note financing round and intellectual property matters.
- Represented video game publishing house in intellectual property matters, securing registered trademarks for company's name and logo.
- Represented an innovative sustainable housing company through formation and a convertible debt financing round.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG Louisiana) Board Member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- The State Bar of California member.
- American Political Science member.
- American Academy of Religion member.
- Served on the faculty of Elmhurst College and Loyola University New Orleans.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America: One to Watch 2021 - 2023.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2021.
News & Events
- Main Street Loans for Nonprofits
Federal Reserve Modifies Main Street Lending Program to Allow Lending to Nonprofit Organizations07.22.2020
- America's Most Responsible Companies 2020
Legal Considerations for a Corporate Social Responsibility Program12.30.2019
The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with Honors, 1996
The University of Chicago, Ph.D. in Ethics, 2009 and M.A. in Religious Studies, 2002
New York University, B.A., 1991