- Counsels closely-held business owners and high net worth individuals and family groups in their estate, tax and business succession planning.
- Handles estate administration including the orderly transmission of assets to heirs and legatees, post-mortem estate planning, oversight of the preparation of federal estate tax returns and related controversy work such as will contests, trust disputes and fiduciary litigation.
- Advises non-profits and charitable foundations on formation, IRS qualifications, tax-exempt status compliance and general funding and operational matters.
- Represented family members/trust beneficiaries in lawsuit against trustees for various breaches of fiduciary duties relating to their management of an iconic local grocery store held in trust. Ultimately obtained control and placed management of the grocery store back into the hands of the family members.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation past board member and past treasurer of the Louisiana Chapter, past-president of the New Orleans Branch, and a member of the New Orleans Committee.
- New Orleans Bar Association member.
- New Orleans Estate Planning Council member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Chambers and Partners High Net Worth Guide 2020 - 2021.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2017 - 2018 and 2020 - 2021.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2015 – 2020.
News & Events
In the News
National Business Institute Advanced Estate Planning Seminar, "Using Sophisticated Living TRUST Structures" and "Advanced WILLS: Writing Provisions to Prevent Disputes,"October 29, 2018.
National Business Institute Tax Exempt Organization Boot Camp, "Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation and Policies: Pitfalls to Avoid" and "Handling Operational Issues and Challenges," August 11, 2017.
25th Annual Tulane Estate Planning Institute, "Estate Planning for the 'Merely' Wealthy Client Under New Tax Law," November 18, 2016.
National Business Institute Tax Exempt Organizations From Start to Finish Seminar, "Restructuring and Terminating Exempt Organizations: Procedures and Pitfalls," September 27, 2016.
- Co-Author, "Determining Reasonable Compensation for Small Nonprofits," Taxation of Exempts, July/August 2019.
- Author, "Tax Gross-Up as an Equalizer for Employees," LGBT Litigator, Spring 2013, Vol. 3, No.2.
- Comment, "A Disastrous Effect: Hurricane Katrina's Impact on Louisiana Landlord-Tenant Law and the Need for Legislative and Judicial Action," 52 Loy. L. Rev. 877 (2006).
- Co-Author, "Class Actions and Other Multi-Party Litigation: A Comparative Perspective", Pravini Zivot.
- Louisiana State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2008
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Practicum/Substance & Citation Editor, Loyola Law Review
- William Crowe Scholar
American University, M.A. in Public Communications, 2004; B.A. in Political Science, 2003