- Represented the Contemporary Art Center of New Orleans in a transaction with a real estate development company to redevelop the CAC's previously underutilized third and fourth floors into a new shared office concept called The Shop. The transaction involved a long-term lease of portions of the CAC property to the development company and historic tax credits.
- Represented an affiliate of The Berger Company along with an affiliate of Cerberus Real Estate Capital Management in the purchase of The Westin Canal Place hotel in New Orleans. The transaction involved the purchase of the hotel, both mortgage and mezzanine financing, a new franchise agreement with Marriott to continue the Westin flag and a new management agreement with HEI for the operation of the hotel.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association member and Vice-Chair of the Green and Sustainable Leasing Committee, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- New Orleans Bar Association member.
- Louisiana Peace Corps Association member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 - 2021.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2015 – 2018.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2014 – 2018 and 2020.
- SweetArts Award from the Contemporary Arts Center 2018 recipient.
News & Events
- "Taking the Entergy out of Louisiana's Single Business Enterprise Theory," 69 La. L. Rev. 691 (2009).
Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, B.C.L. and J.D., cum laude, 2008
- Member, Louisiana Law Review, 2008
- Member, Moot Court Board, 2006
University of Georgia, B.A., 2001