Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented the owners of an oilfield services company in the sale of all of their equity interests to a large oil and gas engineering firm.
- Represented the owners of commercial lubricants wholesaler in the sale of all of their equity interests to a petroleum wholesaler.
- Represented publicly-traded telecommunications company in acquisition of publicly-traded competitor for $22.4 billion in stock and assumed debt.
- Represented the owners of an energy investment boutique in the sale of all of their equity interests to a publicly-traded diversified global financial services holding company.
- Represented data center and managed services provider in the acquisition of an unincorporated division of a publicly-traded information technology company.
- Represented publicly-traded health services company in roll-up acquisitions of numerous private home health and hospice services businesses.
- Represented privately-held oilfield services company in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of an oilfield inspection and rental tool company.
- Represented European company in the acquisition of a maritime charts and publications company.
- Represented privately-held group of ship chandlery companies in the sale of all of their common stock to a European-based strategic buyer.
- Represented green tech company in connection with multiple equity issuances, raising in excess of $30 million.
- Represented power management provider in various equity and debt issuances.
- Represented consumer products company in various equity issuances.
- Represented network of angel investors in various equity and debt investments.
- Serve as outside general counsel to several emerging companies.
- Represented publicly-traded telecommunications company in multiple public debt offerings for an approximate total of $8 billion aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- Represented publicly-traded telecommunications company in multiple tender offers for an approximate total of $2 billion aggregate principal amount of outstanding senior notes.
- Represented publicly-traded shipping company in multiple public preferred stock offerings for an approximate total of $56 million.
- Represented publicly-traded pharmaceutical industry company in $25 million at-the-market common stock offering.
- Represented publicly-traded mining company in the formation and maintenance of Indonesian joint venture.
- Represented data center and managed services provider in the formation of Hong Kong joint venture.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
Mr. Bishop is a member of the American and Louisiana State Bar Associations. He is Chair of the New Orleans region for the Princeton Alumni Schools Committee and served as a member of the Princeton University National Schools Committee from 2012-2014. Prior to law school, Mr. Bishop worked for Staples, Inc. in the Corporate Strategy and Marketing departments.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
Mr. Bishop has been recognized as a Rising Star by Louisiana Super Lawyers and as a Top Lawyer by New Orleans magazine.
News & Events
Speaker, "Pre-Closing, Closing and Post-Closing Considerations and Checklists," National Business Institute Buying and Selling a Business: Start-to-Finish seminar, December 2016.
Panelist, "Do You Need a Guardian Angel? How to Attract and Work with Angel Investors," New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, March 2016.
In the News