White Collar Criminal Defense
Stone Pigman's White Collar Criminal Defense Practice Group represents individuals and businesses identified as witnesses, targets, victims or defendants in criminal matters. Whether assisting in responding to a grand jury subpoena or mounting a defense, the firm has worked with federal and state enforcement agencies to assist clients in navigating the criminal justice system.
Our knowledge of the white collar criminal defense practice can assist individuals and businesses targeted by government investigations, including those charged with securities fraud, mail or wire fraud, money laundering, Medicaid or Medicare fraud, or federal or state Racketeering in Corrupt Organization (RICO) statutes. We assist clients during grand jury proceedings, immunity negotiations, trial or plea negotiations and appeal. We have experience representing clients in cases initiated by federal and state agencies, including the United States Department of Justice, local U.S. Attorney's Offices, state Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, state Attorneys' General, and local district attorneys.
We have managed complex federal and state court litigation related to criminal investigations. We are also able to provide preventative counseling and compliance programs, in order to reduce the risk of civil and criminal litigation.
Because of the potentially severe consequences of criminal proceedings, the assistance of able counsel is of the utmost importance. Our white collar criminal defense team acts quickly to protect you, your business, your career and your reputation.
Some of our representative matters have included:
- Defense of an individual developer and corporation charged with federal criminal violations of the Clean Water Act.
- Representation of an individual in connection with a federal grand jury investigation regarding allegations of city government corruption, including negotiations with government agents regarding responding to a grand jury subpoena.
- Defense of a Certified Public Accountant firm of a non-profit organization under investigation by the U.S. Attorney's office.
- Defense of a local business owner charged with Medicaid fraud, filing false records and forgery.
- Defense of individual charged with defrauding the United States Department of Housing and Urban development.
- July 8, 2014
- April 7, 2017
- April 8, 2016
- April 10, 2015
Honors & Awards
- November 2, 2015
- November 1, 2014