Sports, music and, recently, film making are important industries in Louisiana. We understand the legal matters that these industries face every day and are equipped to handle them. Firm lawyers work with producers, musicians, professional sports franchises, fashion designers, artists and broadcasting companies with their intellectual property, tax and litigation needs. With this in mind, the firm's experience can help these industries navigate the legal aspects of the law and tax incentive programs.
A sampling of the firm's representative matters includes:
- Defense of a Major Motion Picture Actor/Producer/Director. Stone Pigman successfully defended a major motion picture actor/director/producer in a federal jury trial involving $18 million claims of securities law violations and fraud brought by investors, including actor Stephen Baldwin, in an oil-spill-remediation technology corporation.
- Represented local purchaser in the acquisition of the New Orleans Hornets NBA franchise, and also negotiated the amended lease between the team and the State of Louisiana for the team's use of the New Orleans Arena.
- Represented NBC in trademark enforcement matters.
- Represented the New Orleans Saints and the National Football League in a controversial case involving the ownership of the term "Who Dat".
- Represent local artists and musicians with obtaining tax credits for their projects.
- Represent start-up internet companies for their intellectual property and corporate organizational needs.
- Represented a NASCAR racing team in action brought by national sponsor for trademark infringement in using sponsor's trademark on racecar after sponsor purported to cancel sponsorship agreement.
- Represent several area music venues in various corporate and litigation matters.
- Represent start-up promotional companies for intellectual property and corporate organizational needs.
- Defended a radio-broadcasting company that allegedly copied portions of a Mardi Gras parade guide by a local company.
- Represented a syndicated radio talk show host in copyright litigation.
- Represented a broadcasting company in trademark controversy involving use of station call letters.
News & Events
Honors & Awards
In the News
- Lesli Harris Discusses Brand Protection, Entertainment Law and Sports Law at National Bar Association's 93rd Annual Convention07.30.2018
- Lesli Harris and Michael Walshe to Speak on Legal Issues that Affect the Fashion and Entertainment Industries03.30.2016