Elizabeth Tamporello joined Stone Pigman in 2022 as Special Counsel.
Tamporello has extensive experience in litigation and insurance defense and was recognized in 2021 by Louisiana Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Civil Litigation: Defense.
Tamporello graduated magna cum laude from Tulane University Law School, where she was active in Moot Court and the Civil Law Clinic and earned the Tulane Law Honor Scholarship and Moot Court Outstanding Board Member Award. As a law student, she interned for U.S. District Court Judge Jay Zainey in Louisiana’s Eastern District and clerked at two New Orleans firms.
- Represented companies in personal injury actions arising from the alleged negligence of their employees.
- Provided legal advice to insurance companies concerning coverage obligations.
- Represented public corporation in civil rights dispute.
- Successfully excluded opposing party expert, a chiropractor, prior to trial.
- Successfully eliminated $9 million lost wage claim through motion practice prior to trial.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow 2023.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2021 - 2023.
News & Events
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
University of Houston, M.M., 2012
Boston University, B.M., summa cum laude, 2010
- Judicial Intern for Judge Jay C. Zainey in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.