Michael Schneider concentrates his legal practice in real estate, finance, and construction law and serves as co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. He regularly provides counsel to clients in acquisition, permitting, leasing, and financing matters. Michael’s experience in sophisticated commercial real estate transactions has led to his involvement in many of the major commercial real estate and gaming developments in the Gulf South, including the New Orleans Saints lease for the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, the House of Blues in the French Quarter, and multiple riverboat casinos and properties throughout Louisiana.
- Represented the New Orleans Saints and related entities in connection with the team's leases for the Mercedes Benz Superdome, the Saints' suburban training facility, and the acquisition and redevelopment of a mixed-use office and retail project adjacent to the Mercedes Benz Superdome.
- Represented local developer in the acquisition and financing of the Windsor Court Hotel.
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico to a national conservation organization.
- Represented a casino operator in real estate acquisition, financing, land use, construction, and development of riverboat casino and related properties throughout Louisiana, including Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Bossier City, and Harvey.
- Represented the developer of the Loews New Orleans Hotel in acquisition, zoning, land use, development, construction, and financing.
- Represented the developer of the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel in New Orleans in acquisition, development and financing.
- Represented the developer in land acquisition, including acquisitions from multiple public agencies, rezoning, resubdivision, financing, and long term ground leasing of the site to a major national retailer.
- Represented the owner of the House of Blues building in the French Quarter in acquisition, permitting, leasing, and development.
- Represented the developer of retail stores throughout Louisiana in land acquisition, development, construction, and financing.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Contemporary Arts Center in New Orleans Board Member and Treasurer.
- American Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- International Council of Shopping Centers member.
- Michael has frequently spoken on real estate topics, including an interview on WDSU - TV in New Orleans and seminars conducted by the Louisiana State Bar Association and the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center Institute on Real Estate.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2005 - 2022.
- "Lawyer of the Year" New Orleans for Land Use and Zoning Law 2022.
- "Lawyer of the Year" New Orleans for Construction Law in 2013.
- Chambers and Partners 2003 - 2022.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2008 - 2022.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2012 - 2021.
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2011 and 2014 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
Tulane University Law School, magna cum laude, J.D., 1983
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Tulane Law Review, 1982-83
Stanford University, B.A. in Political Science, 1980
- Law clerk to the Honorable Walter Marcus of the Louisiana Supreme Court, 1983-84.