- Represented the New Orleans Saints and related entities in connection with the team's leases for the Mercedes Benz Superdome, the Saints' suburban training facility, and the acquisition and redevelopment of a mixed-use office and retail project adjacent to the Mercedes Benz Superdome.
- Represented local developer in the acquisition and financing of the Windsor Court Hotel.
- Represented the seller in the negotiation and sale of a barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico to a national conservation organization.
- Represented a casino operator in real estate acquisition, financing, land use, construction, and development of riverboat casino and related properties throughout Louisiana, including Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Bossier City, and Harvey.
- Represented the developer of the Loews New Orleans Hotel in acquisition, zoning, land use, development, construction, and financing.
- Represented the developer of the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel in New Orleans in acquisition, development and financing.
- Represented the developer in land acquisition, including acquisitions from multiple public agencies, rezoning, resubdivision, financing, and long term ground leasing of the site to a major national retailer.
- Represented the owner of the House of Blues building in the French Quarter in acquisition, permitting, leasing, and development.
- Represented the developer of retail stores throughout Louisiana in land acquisition, development, construction, and financing.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Contemporary Arts Center in New Orleans Board Member and Treasurer.
- American Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- International Council of Shopping Centers member.
- Michael has frequently spoken on real estate topics, including an interview on WDSU - TV in New Orleans and seminars conducted by the Louisiana State Bar Association and the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center Institute on Real Estate.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2005 - 2021.
- "Lawyer of the Year" New Orleans for Construction Law in 2013.
- Chambers and Partners 2003 - 2020.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2008 - 2021.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2012 - 2020.
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2011 and 2014 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
Tulane University Law School, magna cum laude, J.D., 1983
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Tulane Law Review, 1982-83
Stanford University, B.A. in Political Science, 1980
- Law clerk to the Honorable Walter Marcus of the Louisiana Supreme Court, 1983-84.