Sanders Colbert concentrates his practice area on tax and tax controversy. He regularly advises clients on matters involving tax and business planning.
With several years in the engineering field, Sanders is uniquely qualified to assist energy companies across Louisiana and the Gulf South with their legal and tax matters.
- Regularly drafts allocation provisions and related tax language in operating agreements and joint ventures.
- Assisted in structuring various public and private M&A deals involving corporate-partnership transactions, equity sales treated as asset sales for tax purposes, and tax-free reorganizations.
- Regularly represents businesses in sales and use tax disputes with state and local taxing authorities.
- Assists companies in designing equity incentive compensation programs.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
News & Events
In the News
Presenter, "Louisiana Angel Investor Tax Credit" - NO/LA Angel Network Education Session, January 2021.
- "The Quill is Mightier than the Sword: The Supreme Court's Decision in Kaestner Defends Quill's Due Process Analysis," ABA Tax Times, Fall 2019.
- "2021 Could Be Biggest Year Yet for Opportunity Zones," New Orleans CityBusiness, June 2021.
New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2019
Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Taxation of Partnerships and Patent Prosecution
University of Pennsylvania, B.S.E. in Mechanical Engineering, 2013