- Successfully resolved a multi-million dollar class action matter as lead counsel involving the calculation of medical reimbursements provided to Louisiana hospitals and clinics.
- Represents Acadian Ambulance in medical malpractice claims.
- Successfully defended a major insurance company in two of the few Katrina federal jury trials where the insurance company prevailed.
- Successfully represented Albemarle Corporation in a multimillion dollar arbitration dispute over a chemical distribution agreement.
- Representing Southern Fast Loans involving various injunctive reliefs including a lease holders' rights protection.
- Successfully prosecuted an insurance fraud case for the Louisiana Restaurant Association Self Insurers' Fund.
- Represented Anheuser-Busch in connection with a distributor contract dispute.
- Represented Acadian Ambulance in connection with a medical regulatory compliance issue.
- Represented Merritt McDonald Construction Company in connection with a public works contract bid dispute.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Ex-Officio Chairman of the Foundation for Historical Louisiana.
- Past President of the Board of Directors of the Charles W. Lamar, Jr. Downtown Baton Rouge YMCA.
- Preserve Louisiana board member.
- Friends of the Louisiana Archives board member.
- St. Francisville Area Foundation board member.
- Baton Rouge Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel member.
- Baton Rouge Uncorked, a charity organized to raise funds for small non-profit organizations, co-founder and board member.
- Doug frequently speaks on loss prevention.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2014 – 2022.
- "Lawyer of the Year" Baton Rouge for Insurance Law 2015.