Doug Cochran concentrates his practice on corporate litigation, testate litigation and insurance defense. With 30 years of experience, Doug has represented clients such as Anheuser-Busch in contract disputes, Amazon in products liability cases, and Acadian Ambulance in medical malpractice claims and medical regulatory compliance issues. One of his most notable achievements occurred after Hurricane Katrina, when he defended a major insurance company in two of the very few Katrina cases where a jury found for the insurance company following the hurricane.
- Successfully resolved a multi-million dollar class action matter as lead counsel involving the calculation of medical reimbursements provided to Louisiana hospitals and clinics.
- Represents Acadian Ambulance in medical malpractice claims.
- Successfully defended a major insurance company in two of the few Katrina federal jury trials where the insurance company prevailed.
- Successfully represented Albemarle Corporation in a multimillion dollar arbitration dispute over a chemical distribution agreement.
- Representing Southern Fast Loans involving various injunctive reliefs including a lease holders' rights protection.
- Successfully prosecuted an insurance fraud case for the Louisiana Restaurant Association Self Insurers' Fund.
- Represented Anheuser-Busch in connection with a distributor contract dispute.
- Represented Acadian Ambulance in connection with a medical regulatory compliance issue.
- Represented Merritt McDonald Construction Company in connection with a public works contract bid dispute.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Ex-Officio Chairman of the Foundation for Historical Louisiana.
- Past President of the Board of Directors of the Charles W. Lamar, Jr. Downtown Baton Rouge YMCA.
- Preserve Louisiana board member.
- Friends of the Louisiana Archives board member.
- St. Francisville Area Foundation board member.
- Baton Rouge Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel member.
- Baton Rouge Uncorked, a charity organized to raise funds for small non-profit organizations, co-founder and board member.
- Doug frequently speaks on loss prevention.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2014 – 2024.
- "Lawyer of the Year" Baton Rouge for Insurance Law 2015 and for Personal Injury Litigation Defendants - 2024.