- Defended insurance companies in an array of class actions involving coverage disputes and allegations bad faith claims handling.
- Defended a public housing agency in class actions alleging fair housing and racial discrimination claims.
- Represented international construction and environmental remediation firm in defense of class actions and individual actions alleging liability for flooding of major areas of New Orleans and St. Bernard Parish resulting from breaches of levees and floodwalls during the passage of Hurricane Katrina.
- Represented a national manufacturer of computer equipment in a complex dispute involving allegations of breach of contract and unfair trade practices for which plaintiff sought in excess of $1 billion punitive and compensatory damages.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association's Class Actions & Derivative Suits Committee member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- Federal Bar Association member.
- National Bar Association member.
- The Bar Association of The Fifth Federal Circuit member.
- Member of the Vestry at Trinity Episcopal Church.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2021.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012.
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2021 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
- Chief Diversity Officer Heather Lonian Interview Series with Member Wayne Lee on his Professional Achievements as Stone Pigman's First African American Attorney06.18.2021
In the News
"Minority in a Majority Firm: Combating the Status Quo," Louisiana State Bar Association Diversity and Inclusion Managers Summit, August 2018.
"Navigating the 2017 Job Market," National Black Law Student Association Southwest Region 2017 Conference, January 2017.
"Standing Issues in Light of Spokeo," New Orleans Bar Association CLE Program, September 2016.
- "States Look to Combat Discrimination on the Basis of Hairstyle," Stone Pigman E-Alert, August 2019.
- "CFPB Bans Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements for Financial Services and Contracts," New Orleans Bar Association Committee News blog, August 2017.
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Harvard Law School, J.D., 2005
- General Editor, BlackLetter Law Journal
Yale University, B.A. in History, 2002
- Phi Alpha Theta