Mackenzie Rodriguez joined Stone Pigman in 2023.
Mackenzie, an intellectual property and patent attorney, has extensive experience in all aspects of foreign and domestic patent drafting, prosecution, and maintenance; trademark prosecution and maintenance; and trade secret and copyright protection. She is registered to prosecute patents before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and is admitted to the bar in Louisiana, Massachusetts, and New York.
Prior to joining Stone Pigman, Mackenzie practiced patent law for several years at smaller law firms in New Orleans and Baton Rouge, where she represented clients in patent prosecution, transactions, and litigation. Her work has been published in trade journals and she has presented several continuing legal education seminars on IP law.
Mackenzie worked in the medical field and as a special education teaching assistant before attending law school. She is an avid runner and has completed several marathons throughout North America.
- Registering and maintaining global patent and trademark portfolios.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Nexus Louisiana board member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2023 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
In the News
Trade Secrets - Intellectual Property Law Seminar, Panelist, Louisiana State Bar Association, April 2023.
International Intellectual Property – Continuing Legal Education Presentation, Panelist, New Orleans Bar Association, December 2022.
Panel Discussion on Professionalism – Continuing Legal Education Presentation, Panelist, New Orleans Bar Association, December 2018.
Intellectual Property Law For the Non‑IP Attorney – Continuing Legal Education Presentation, Panelist, New Orleans Bar Association, December 2016.
Updates in Intellectual Property Law – Continuing Legal Education Presentation, Panelist, Gulf Coast Intellectual Property Association Meeting, November 2013.
Introduction to Technology Transfer – Orientation Presentation for Interns on behalf of Taylor Porter Brooks & Phillips, Panelist, Louisiana State University, Technology Transfer Office, August 2011 and January 2012.
- Author, "Intellectual Property's Newest Invention, The Tax Patent: Has Patent Protection Extended Beyond its Constitutional Limits?" Tulane Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, Vol. 10, December 2007.
- Co-Author, "The Vitamin K Content of Nuts and Fruits in the U.S. Diet." Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Vol. 103, no. 12, December 2003.
- New York
- Registered Patent Attorney
Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2008
Northeastern University, B.S. in Medical Laboratory Science, magna cum laude