Business litigation, insurance defense, employment, and family and constitutional law are the focus of Maggie Broussard’s practice. One of her noteworthy accomplishments is her work with the Louisiana Public Defender Board, protecting her clients’ constitutional rights to counsel and effective representation.
A certified Child Attorney by the Louisiana Supreme Court, Maggie works with children in foster care, giving them representation and a voice in the process. She also counsels foster parents and attorneys on the legal aspects of the system.
- Assisted in preparation of expert depositions and examinations, witness examinations, motion practice, and pre-trial and post-trial briefing in the In re: Katrina Canal Breaches litigation.
- Assisted in successful representation of the Louisiana Public Defender Board and Orleans Parish Public Defender Board defending the constitutionality of the Louisiana indigent defense fund before the Eastern District of Louisiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented local public defenders office in obtaining better visitation facilities.
- Assisted in representation of potential heirs to an estate in will contest involving undue influence and incapacity.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Christian Legal Society member and Secretary of the New Orleans Chapter.
- Federal Bar Association, American Bar Association, and Louisiana State Bar Association member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016 - 2020.
News & Events
In the News
Panelist, "Child in Need of Care: Training for Children's Attorneys," Pro Bono Project CLE Program, March 27, 2015.
- Co-Author, "Securities Arbitration Law," chapter in Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, 2015 Ed, published by the American Bar Association, May 2015.
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Articles Editor of the Tulane Law Review
- Vice-President of the Christian Legal Society
Harding University, summa cum laude, B.A. in History and English, 2006