- Representation of clients in appellate matters in federal and Louisiana state court.
- Secured a dismissal on summary judgment of a $100 million claim against an investment consultant in federal court litigation.
- Secured a dismissal on summary judgment of a claim against a law firm seeking a portion of an attorney's fee awarded in multi-district litigation.
- Successfully represented a bank in litigating bad faith claims against an insurance company.
- Successfully represented a bank in defending numerous cases filed by victims of an alleged Ponzi scheme operated by a third-party.
- Representation of claimants seeking to recover investment losses or other damages in FINRA arbitration proceedings.
- Representation of law firms in connection with both fee disputes and cases involving claims of legal malpractice or negligence.
- Representation of a public housing agency and other entities and individuals in connection with public bid and construction disputes.
- Representation of a major manufacturer of computer equipment in a breach of contract/unfair trade practices action where the plaintiff alleged in excess of $1 billion in damages plus punitive damages. Case filed in the Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, State of Louisiana.
- Successfully defended a former CEO in bankruptcy court litigation with a public company debtor.
- Has represented various creditors in bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- New Orleans Bar Association member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2021 and 2022.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2020 - 2021.
- Rising Star 2012 - 2018.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2013 - 2020.
News & Events
"2015 Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation," American Bar Association Business Law Section Spring Meeting, April 16, 2015.
"Employment Issues and Non-compete Agreements," Louisiana Pest Management Association Summer Convention, June 18, 2014.
- Co-Author, "Securities Arbitration Law," chapter in Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, published annually by the American Bar Association, 2015-2018.
- "Unscheduled Debtor Assets: A Risk to Purchasers in Good Faith?" American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, RPTE eReport, June 15, 2010.
- Arbitration: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, ABA Business Law Section, 2005 Spring Meeting.
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, J.D., 2004
- Order of the Coif
- Associate, Louisiana Law Review
Louisiana State University, 2001