Stone Pigman has built a team of trial lawyers who have significant experience with products liability matters, including individual claims and mass litigation. We defend manufacturers and distributors in state and federal courts throughout Louisiana and the Gulf South. The Products Liability Practice Group attorneys have served as both national and local counsel in complex product liability proceedings. We have been involved in the most significant products liability cases in the Gulf South, including the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, Chinese Drywall and Vioxx litigations.
A sampling of Stone Pigman's representation in products liability cases includes:
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Defended Cameron International Corporation, manufacturer of blowout preventers, in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill consolidated litigation in federal court in Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans).
- Chinese Drywall Litigation. Defending a number of builders and an international retailer in the multidistrict litigation involving Chinese Drywall. Stone Pigman is serving as liaison counsel for the homebuilders and installers.
- Vioxx Litigation. Defending Merck Sharp & Dohme Corporation in multi-district litigation in the Vioxx Litigation. Stone Pigman also is serving as defendants' liaison counsel in the litigation.
- Dole Pesticide Exposure Mass Litigation. Defended Dole Food Company, Inc. and related entities in litigation in Louisiana federal and state courts filed by banana workers alleging personal injuries resulting from application of pesticides.
- Defended pharmaceutical manufacturers in hundreds of product liability claims filed in state and federal courts throughout Louisiana, and in national consolidated multi-district litigation, concerning various pharmaceutical drugs.
- In cases throughout Louisiana, Stone Pigman is defending mining companies, respirator manufacturers, telecommunications equipment manufacturers and installers, valve manufacturers and pump manufacturers state-wide in hundreds of actions involving thousands of plaintiffs alleging personal injuries due to exposure to asbestos or silica.
- Successfully tried to a defense verdict a state-wide medical monitoring class action claim asserted against R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a Fortune 50 petrochemical company in a series of class action and mass joinder cases aggregating over 12,000 claims for exposure and injury arising from the alleged chemical releases of sulphur dioxide from a refining facility.
- Successfully defended the manufacturer of steam boilers for sugar mills in multiple cases with the total exposure exceeding $10 million.
News & Events
Honors & Awards