Stone Pigman has experience in both defending and prosecuting public bid cases. We have represented private companies as well as governmental agencies in public contracts challenges. In addition, the firm has handled public bid cases and issues in federal, state and local courts not only in Baton Rouge, but also in New Orleans and other parts of the state.
Many Louisiana state agencies are located in Baton Rouge. With a physical presence there, Stone Pigman is well-equipped to handle government contracting and public bid disputes for our clients. We have also appeared before the United States Claims Court.
Representative matters include:
- Public Bid Construction Dispute. Successfully represented a public housing agency in a public bid construction dispute in a challenge to a contract for the HVAC (Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning) system at one of the agency's high rises. Successfully defeated the preliminary injunction and then had the damages case dismissed on an exception of no cause of action granted by the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal.
- National Voting System Bid. Represented a national voting system vendor in successful bid to acquire a state contract over opposition from rival bidders in a litigated dispute.
- Scientific Games International, Inc. Represented Scientific Games International, Inc. in a public contract procurement dispute involving a central computer system to monitor all video poker machines in Louisiana.
- Successfully defended an award by the State of Louisiana of a statewide contract for office furniture both at the administrative level and preliminary injunction stage.
- Represented a national company in successfully challenging the award of the contract for the Louisiana Purchase Card by obtaining the rebidding of the contract.
- Won judgment for breach of cargo terminal services contract against United States in a U.S. Court of Claims case.
- Represented the Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority and the Board of the Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority in a public bid dispute in connection with the authority's ability to award a construction contract.