Renowned throughout the world for its restaurants, hotels, casinos, and recreational attractions, New Orleans and Louisiana have rich, storied histories in the hospitality industry. Indeed, New Orleans is routinely listed among the top tourist markets in the world.
Individuals and businesses from across our hospitality sector have depended on counsel from Stone Pigman attorneys for decades. We represent and advise our clients on acquisitions, permitting, licensing, franchising, leasing, and financing matters as they structure complex projects and navigate Louisiana law. Firm attorneys represent restaurants, hotel and casino owners, sports and music venues, theaters, resorts, developers, and national and international companies, investors, and lenders.
Our attorneys have helped steer major commercial real estate and gaming developments in the Gulf South, including the New Orleans Saints’ lease for the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, restaurants and other entertainment venues in the French Quarter, and multiple riverboat casinos and properties throughout Louisiana.
Representative projects of Stone Pigman’s Hospitality Industry Group include:
- Provided counsel to New Orleans Building Corporation for public-private partnerships, including the redevelopment of the former World Trade Center building into the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences, the redevelopment of the historic Saenger Theatre and the Harrah's New Orleans Casino.
- Represented a local developer in the acquisition and financing of the Windsor Court Hotel.
- Represented a major shareholder in connection with the sale of an international restaurant chain with owned and franchised locations in 28 states and foreign countries.
- Represented the owner of a building in the French Quarter which houses a national entertainment venue in acquisition, permitting, leasing, and development.
- Represented the developer of the Loews New Orleans Hotel in acquisition, zoning, land use, development, construction, and financing.
- Represented the developer of the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel in New Orleans in acquisition, development, and financing.
- Represented a developer in land acquisition, including acquisitions from multiple public agencies, rezoning, subdivision, financing, and long-term ground leasing of a property to a major national retailer.