Brooke Tigchelaar concentrates her practice in family law, including divorce, property partition, custody, and support. She regularly handles high-conflict situations, intricate property partitions, and evolving custody agreements for high net-worth individuals. She is skilled in conflict resolution, delivering sound guidance and service to each client with discretion and compassion. Brooke also has experience in commercial litigation, including general business litigation and products liability disputes.
Brooke has been recognized as a Rising Star by Louisiana Super Lawyers and as a "Top Lawyer" by New Orleans Magazine, and most recently, a Leadership in Law honoree by New Orleans CityBusiness. She received her family and divorce mediator certification from the Mediation Institute. She received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University College of Law and her undergraduate degree from Tulane University. She is a Fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation and is also involved with volunteer programs, including staffing of the self-help desk for pro se litigants. Brooke has previously served on the board of Louisiana Appleseed. She joined Stone Pigman in 2008.
- Successful negotiation and settlement of complicated property partition, involving multiple closely-held business interests.
- Effective resolution of intricate custody disputes.
- Offers comprehensive planning pre-marriage and/or after contemplation of separation.
- Defense of valve and pump manufacturers in Louisiana asbestos litigation.
- Defense of major oil and gas producers in royalty underpayment litigation.
- Defense of major specialty food product manufacturer in connection with a supply contract dispute.
- Defense of shareholders in corporate disputes involving claims for involuntary dissolution and breach of duty.
- Defense of buyer of commercial property in suit seeking cancellation of act of sale.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana Bar Foundation Fellow.
- American Bar Association member.
- Federal Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- New Orleans Bar Association member.
- Jefferson Bar Association member.
- DRI member.
- Junior League of New Orleans member.
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project volunteer.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2024.
- Chambers and Partners High Net Worth Guide 2022 – 2023.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012 – 2018.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2013 – 2022.
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2022 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
In the News
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2008
- William Crowe Scholar
- Order of the Barristers
- Board member, Loyola Moot Court
- St. Thomas More Inn of Court
Tulane University, cum laude, B.A. in Communication, 2004
Family and Divorce Certified Mediator, the Mediation Institute, 2017