Brooke Tigchelaar focuses her practice in the areas of family law, divorce, partition, custody and support. She regularly handles high conflict situations, property partitions and ever-changing custody agreements for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses. She is efficient in conflict resolution, delivering each client complete discretion and advice. She also has experience in commercial litigation, including general business litigation and products liability disputes.
Ms. Tigchelaar has been recognized as a "Rising Star" by Louisiana Super Lawyers magazine and as a "Top Lawyer" by New Orleans magazine. She received her family and divorce mediator certification from the Mediation Institute. She received her JD degree, magna cum laude, from Loyola University College of Law and her BA degree from Tulane University. She is a Fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation and involved with Louisiana Appleseed. Brooke also chairs volunteer programs with the New Orleans Pro Bono Project and staffing of the Self Help Resource Center. She joined Stone Pigman in 2008.
- Defense of valve and pump manufacturers in Louisiana asbestos litigation.
- Defense of major oil and gas producers in royalty underpayment litigation.
- Defense of major specialty food product manufacturer in connection with a supply contract dispute.
- Defense of shareholders in corporate disputes involving claims for involuntary dissolution and breach of duty.
- Defense of buyer of commercial property in suit seeking cancellation of act of sale.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana Bar Foundation Fellow.
- American Bar Association member.
- Federal Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- New Orleans Bar Association member.
- Jefferson Bar Association member.
- DRI member.
- Junior League of New Orleans member.
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project volunteer.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012 – 2018.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2013 – 2021.
News & Events
In the News
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2008
- William Crowe Scholar
- Order of the Barristers
- Board member, Loyola Moot Court
- St. Thomas More Inn of Court
Tulane University, cum laude, B.A. in Communication, 2004
Family and Divorce Certified Mediator, the Mediation Institute, 2017