Bryant York practices in the areas of commercial litigation, intellectual property, antitrust matters, bankruptcy litigation, government relations, and regulatory counseling. He has represented clients in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitrations, mediations and administrative proceedings before federal agencies. Notably, Bryant represented adversary proceedings arising from the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history and defended an oilfield service company in a lawsuit which culminated in a three-week trial and a $0 jury verdict, despite the plaintiff’s request for $200 million in damages.
Bryant has provided pro-bono counseling to the Human Rights Watch, including the monitoring of the International Criminal Court in The Hague and advising on constitutional developments in the Republic of the Sudan.
- Defended an oilfield service company in a lawsuit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty and unfair competition, among other claims, which culminated in a three-week trial and a $0 jury verdict despite plaintiff's request for $200 million in damages.
- Defended certain Credit Suisse-affiliated entities in a three-week trial in a dispute involving breach of contract, slander and fraud, among other alleged torts.
- Drafted legislation governing the commercial relationships between manufacturers and dealers of heavy equipment and shepherded it through to passage in the Louisiana Legislature.
- Defended multinational companies in global antitrust cartel investigations, and related civil class action lawsuits, in the airline and television industries.
- Represented distiller and importer of spirits on U.S. legal matters, including protection of intellectual rights and issues before the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.
- Represented affiliates of Lehman Brothers in adversary proceedings arising from the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- New Orleans Museum of Art's Young Fellows Co-Chair.
- The NOLA Project, an ensemble theater company, Board of Directors member.
- American Bar Association member.
- Federal Bar Association member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member and Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee member.
- State Bar of Texas member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2016 – 2022.
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2022 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
In the News
Contributing Author, "Antitrust and International Commerce," Antitrust Law Developments, American Bar Association, 7th Ed., 2012.
Contributing Author, 2008 Annual Review of Antitrust Law Developments, American Bar Association, 2009.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
- Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
Columbia University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999