- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and federal appeals courts regarding wholesale cost allocations among affiliated power companies.
- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in utility rate reviews, development of formula rate plans and certification of new generating units for electric utilities in Louisiana.
- Represented the Louisiana Public Service Commission in proceedings at both state and federal levels regarding RTO development and proposed federal transmission and wholesale energy market rules.
- Represented electric service provider organization in development of environmental regulations.
- Represented manufacturers in products liability suits.
- Represented the City of New Orleans in several suits alleging under-payments by the City of New Orleans to retirement funds.
- Represented lessee in multi-faceted dispute over long-term timber lease.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- Public Utility Section member and Past Chair.
- Energy Bar Association member and President of the New Orleans Chapter.
- Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States member.
- Louisiana Bar Foundation Fellow.
- Served on an Energy Policy Task Force for the City of New Orleans.
- Dana served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Tulane University Law School, where she taught a course in Energy Law and Policy for five years. She has also been a guest lecturer on the topic of Public Utility Regulation and Evidence Law at Tulane and Louisiana State University Law Schools.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2020 – 2021.
- Chambers and Partners 2010 – 2020.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2021.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2012 – 2020.
- New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law 2019 honoree.
- Energy Bar Association Ambassador Award 2016 recipient.
News & Events
In the News
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
- United States Supreme Court
Tulane University Law School, magna cum laude, J.D., 1996
- Received a certificate of specialization in Environmental Law
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Tulane Law Review, 1995-96
- Tulane Moot Court Board, 1994-95
- Notes and Comments Editor, Tulane Maritime Law Journal, 1994-96
Tulane University, magna cum laude, 1993
- Law clerk to the Honorable Jack C. Watson and the Honorable Walter F. Marcus Jr., both of the Louisiana Supreme Court, 1996-97.