The industries and issues surrounding energy and natural resources are central to commerce and culture worldwide, and the Gulf South region is the heartland of the U.S. oil and gas industry and home to the nation’s largest energy infrastructure hub. Stone Pigman attorneys have been advising clients in the oil, natural gas, and power industries for decades. An in-depth understanding of industry-specific risks and issues has afforded our firm many opportunities to advocate for and assist clients engaged in all facets of the energy industry, as well as clients in other fields who are facing environmental or energy-related issues.
We handle transactions, regulation, permitting, compliance, and litigation across the energy space, ranging from straightforward to complex matters. Often assisting with financing and developing energy-related projects, Stone Pigman also provides extensive regulatory and administrative litigation services in the electric power and utilities arena. Our deep knowledge of the energy marketplace enables us to craft transactions to meet our clients' unique needs and to create novel and effective approaches to complex litigation, regulatory matters, and disputes.
In addition to a well-established presence in and around Louisiana, Stone Pigman frequently partners with national and international firms to provide comprehensive legal services to overseas clients. Internally, our attorneys take a comprehensive team approach to serving the needs of our energy and natural resource clients. Members of our corporate, real estate, tax, finance, construction, environmental, regulatory, insurance, and litigation practices work together to help our clients achieve their objectives. Having extensive transactional, regulatory, and litigation capabilities allows us to efficiently and effectively handle all aspects of energy project development and to handle any energy or environmental matter to successful conclusion.
Stone Pigman is ranked as one of the best law firms in Louisiana in Energy and Natural Resources, Utilities by Chambers and Partners. Chambers ranked all of the firm's main energy regulatory practitioners among the best utilities lawyers in the state.
Representative projects of Stone Pigman’s Energy and Natural Resources Practice Group include:
- Handled hundreds of domestic and international energy deals involving the exploration, extraction, processing, transportation, and sale of hydrocarbons, renewables, and other natural resources.
- Represented a consortium of multinational oil and gas companies led by Chevron U.S.A. in connection with a multibillion-dollar LNG liquefaction and storage facility in Angola.
- Negotiated and drafted various joint venture documents and pipeline throughput and interconnection agreements for oil and gas wells in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented a large corporate client before the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and local officials in connection with the use of construction materials for levee construction.
- Advised European clients on bid rounds in the opening of Mexico’s oil and gas industry to private investment.
- Represented a large independent E&P company in a lawsuit brought against several oil and gas companies by lessors alleging that two onshore gas wells were imprudently drilled and operated in Southwest Louisiana.
News & Events
In the News