Fritz Metzinger concentrates his practice on general business litigation, representing clients in matters such as breach of lease claims and termination disputes, while also assisting companies against claims of securities violations, fraud and contractual breach.
Fritz’s accomplishments include winning an appeal before the Louisiana Fourth Circuit and assisting a sports team in a confidentiality dispute. An avid sports fan, Fritz has dabbled in sports writing and appeared on an episode of Sports Jeopardy! He also utilizes his extensive knowledge of sports law to discuss NCAA regulations with the media.
- Regularly conducts legal research and assists with motions, motion response, oral arguments, and depositions on a wide variety of matters.
- Assisted in representation of international restaurant management and operations company against claims of securities violations, fraud, and contractual breach.
- Represented rental property management company in having claims of breach of lease by former apartment lessee dismissed.
- Represented financial broker in dispute with former brokerage firm over termination.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association member, Chair of the Sports-Related Disputes Subcommittee of the Business and Corporate Litigation Committee, Business Law Section member, and Co-Chair of the Litigation Section's Young Lawyers Committee.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- Federal Bar Association member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America: One to Watch 2023.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2021 and 2022.
- New Orleans CityBusiness 2022 Leadership in Law honoree.
News & Events
- Fritz Metzinger Authors ABA Business Law Chapter "Recent Developments in Sports-Related Disputes in 2022"03.22.2022
- Federal Court Declares NCAA Scholarship Limits Illegal but Stops Short of Allowing Full 'Pay-for-Play'03.15.2019
In the News
"Premises Liability Implications of Mass Shooting Events," Association of Corporate Counsel, Louisiana Chapter, October 31, 2018.
- Chapter Author, Recent Developments in Sports-Related Disputes, American Business Law Section Annual Publication, 2022.
- Author, For the Love of the Frame: How Behavioral Economics Helps Explain the NCAA Grant-in-Aid Cap's Perplexing Antitrust Vitality, 91 Tul. L. Rev. 595.
Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Order of the Coif
- Online Editor, Tulane Law Review
- Legal Research and Writing Senior Fellow
- Dean's Medal
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
University of Virginia, B.A., with distinction, 2013
- Judicial Extern for Judge Martin L.C. Feldman at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.