Gabriel Silva joined Stone Pigman in 2022, bringing experience in litigation and transactional work, representing clients in maritime cases, international trade deals and commercial business matters.
A native of Brazil, Gabe is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish, and has applied his multilingual capabilities throughout his law practice, particularly in international trade cases. Throughout his academic years, he served as an exchange student in the United States, Chile and Hong Kong. He also interned with the Brazilian Consulate in Paraguay and with the Paraguayan Stock Exchange.
Gabe’s accomplishments include assisting in the representation of a Louisiana business to collect a multimillion-dollar debt from a Mexican energy company by engaging in negotiations with representatives from Mexico and Brazil.
- Assisted in representation of Louisiana company to collect a multimillion-dollar debt from a Mexican energy company by engaging in negotiations with representatives from Mexico and Brazil in both Spanish and Portuguese.
- Assisted in representation of Mexican offshore service company in successfully obtaining a stay of arbitration against a vessel company based on the vessel company's litigation-conduct-waiver.
- Assisted in representation of offshore oil company in pursuing claims against vessel owners in two separate limitation proceedings as a result of damage to the company's pipelines.
- Assisted in representation of a local grocery store in successfully obtaining dismissal of a breach of contract lawsuit in North Carolina on grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction and failure to arbitrate.
- Assisted in successful representation of a local surgery center in defending against a petition for eviction by invoking the arbitration clause of an operating agreement.
- Assisted in representation of a U.S. company in advising of the regulatory and licensing requirements pertaining to the exportation of commodities to Cuba.
- Assisted in representation of a newly created company in successfully submitting a qualification application to the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and obtaining company approval to hold leases and grants in the Gulf of Mexico.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Federal Bar Association member.
- Louisiana Bar Association member.
- Brazil-Texas Chamber of Commerce member.
- World Trade Center New Orleans member.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2023.
News & Events
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of International Trade
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2019.
- Order of Barristers
- Moot Court, National Team Member, 2018-2019
- Trial Advocacy, Chief of Staff and National Team Coach, 2018-2019
- Journal of Public Interest Law, Member, 2018-2019
University of Louisiana at Monroe, M.B.A., 2016
University of Louisiana at Monroe, B.B.A. in Finance, 2015
University of Louisiana at Monroe, B.A. in Political Science, 2015