- Represented a NASDAQ-listed public company in preparing and filing annual, quarterly, and current Exchange Act reports, proxy statements, and other SEC filings.
- Represented an insurance company in investing capital in an oil and gas exploration company, including extensive due diligence and negotiation of stock purchase agreement and related documents.
- Represented angel investors in investing capital in a start-up software company, including drafting and negotiation of a convertible notes purchase agreement, an investors rights agreement, a new operating agreement, and other related agreements.
- Represented an early-stage luxury toothpaste company in raising capital from a group of individual angel investors, including preparation of private placement memorandum and subscription agreements and filing of Form D.
- Represented Hospital Service District No. 1 of the Parish of Ouachita in the sale of the Glenwood Regional Medical Center hospital in West Monroe, Louisiana for approximately $80,000,000 and the establishment of the Living Well Foundation.
- Represented Quality Distribution, Inc. in its acquisition of 100% of the outstanding shares of stock of Boasso America Corporation, an intermodal service company providing tank container services and associated equipment sales.
- Represented Gerhardt Holding Company and its operating subsidiaries, together a leading provider of services and components for industrial engines and turbines, in a sale of substantially all of their assets to CISERV USA, Inc., a subsidiary of Wärtsilä Corporation.
- Represented a regional health services company in a corporate reorganization, stock repurchase, and debt restructuring.
- Represented a continuing care retirement community in connection with its restructuring and the formation of a management company.
- Represented underwriters in connection with the issuance of bonds by another continuing care retirement community.
- Represented numerous health care providers in both acquisitions and sales of businesses, including hospitals, nursing homes, and home health agencies.
- Represented a Louisiana governmental board in connection with the negotiation of a software license and service agreement.
- Negotiated a patent license agreement for Quality Distribution, Inc. with respect to tank container technology.
- Represented Advanced Metering Data Systems, L.L.C., a company providing wireless automatic meter reading technology and services, in connection with technology licensing and service agreements.
- Represented various companies in drafting and negotiating executive and other employment, consulting, noncompetition, confidentiality, and intellectual property rights agreements.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association member and Chair of the Corporate and Business Law section.
- American Bar Association member.
- Mike served for several years as an Assistant Bar Examiner for the Corporate section of the Louisiana State Bar examination.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2019 – 2021.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2012 – 2020.
News & Events
Harvard Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1987
- Associate Editor, Harvard International Law Journal, 1985-86
The Fletcher School, M.A. in International Relations, 1987
University of Notre Dame, summa cum laude, 1983
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Law clerk to the Honorable Morey L. Sear, U.S. District Court, 1987-88.