Stone Pigman boasts a large and active Corporate and Business Law Practice Group, which handles all aspects of merger and acquisition transactions. Valued anywhere from several million dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars, these transactions have involved publicly-owned companies, medium-sized and small privately owned businesses. Our transactional lawyers have been trained as effective negotiators and problem solvers. Not only are we capable of protecting and advancing the legal interests of our clients, but also our negotiation skills can be used, when appropriate, to assist our clients in reaching the desired outcomes in their transactions. The expanse of our collective experience enables us to efficiently handle business transactions of any size and complexity, and in a variety of contexts.
Some representative matters have included:
- Heavy Equipment Sale. Represented Tuff Equipment Rentals, L.L.C. in an asset sale of its construction equipment rental business to Volvo Equipment Rents, Inc.
- Urgent Care Centers. Represented the physician owners of urgent care centers located in Metairie, Kenner and Thibodeaux, Louisiana, and an affiliated healthcare management company, in connection with the sale of a controlling interest in those businesses to Elm Creek Partners I, LLC, a private equity company.
- Acquisition of National Wholesaler. Represented Union Capital Group as Louisiana counsel, in connection with its acquisition of Nationwide Marketing Group, a national wholesale supplier of appliances, home electronics and furniture.
- Represented a foreign-based, privately held company in the sale of its multi-national commodity warehousing business.
- Represented ITA-NOLA, L.L.C. in connection with its acquisition of the assets of Southland International of Louisiana, L.L.C., a distributor of International and IC Bus brand vehicles in the Houma and Greater New Orleans areas.
- Represented a Louisiana-based printing company in connection with its acquisition of a Kansas online variable data statement provider.
- Beer Distribution Acquisition. Represented two companies that acquired Southern Eagle Sales and Services, a distributor of beer and other beverages in New Orleans and surrounding parishes for a purchase price of $50 million. Southern Eagle distributes all Anheuser-Busch and InBev brands, as well as Corona, Lazy Magnolia and others. Our clients in the transaction were companies formed by the owners of Champagne Beverage, which is the Anheuser-Busch distributor for the 5 parish Northshore territory, and Mockler Beverage, which is the Anheuser-Busch distributor for the 8.5 parish Baton Rouge territory.
- Represented Kelso Oil Company, Inc. and Rogers Petroleum, Inc. in connection with a business combination transaction whereby the resulting combined company, LubriCorp, L.L.C. became one of the largest lube oil distribution companies serving customers in Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Representing a private company in negotiations to acquire the membership interests of an affiliated group comprised of seven Louisiana limited liability companies serving the petrochemical industry.
- Representing a private company in negotiations to acquire a majority of the equity of a privately-owned company engaged in the business of providing solar energy products and services to commercial and residential property owners.
- Represented Hospital Service District No. 1 of the Parish of Ouachita in the sale of Glenwood Regional Medical Center in West Monroe, Louisiana, for approximately $80 million and the establishment of the Ward Five Healthcare Foundation (now doing business as the Living Well Foundation) to receive substantially all of the net proceeds of the sale. The transaction required the approval of both the citizens of the hospital service district and the Louisiana Attorney General.
- Represented a private-equity owned chemical company in a $26.5 million acquisition of a Louisiana-based manufacturer of water treatment chemicals.
News & Events
In the News