Business entities must be positioned to improve margins, reduce risk exposure, and access markets and technology. The Corporate and Business Law Practice Group is equipped to respond creatively and effectively to these needs of our clients. This breadth and depth of experience enables us to efficiently handle business transactions of any size, complexity or context. We handle mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and private placements, and all types of debt financing and equity interests. We also advise on securities compliance, corporate governance, tax and executive compensation.
We advise both leading and emerging companies, as well as financial institutions and funds. For public companies, we can assist in preparing the periodic reports and other information which federal and state agencies require to be filed and transmitted to shareholders.
We act as corporate counsel for many regional companies large and small; engaging in a wide variety of business activities. In representing acquiring companies, venture capitalists, investment bankers and institutional private investors over many years, the firm has developed experience in all types of corporate finance transactions. We also have extensive experience with non-corporate entities including partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), registered limited liability partnerships and trusts.
Some representative matters our Corporate and Business Law attorneys have handled include:
- Heavy Equipment Asset Sale. Stone Pigman represented Tuff Equipment Rentals, L.L.C. in an asset sale of its construction equipment rental business to Volvo Equipment Rents, Inc.
- Automotive Dealership Group Representation. Stone Pigman represents a large regional multi-dealership automotive group on all general and corporate matters including, but not limited to, contractual disputes, human relations problems, regulatory issues, casualty and warranty claims, insurance coverages, real estate transactions and antitrust matters.
- Urgent Care Representation. Stone Pigman represented the physician owners of urgent care centers located in Metairie, Kenner and Thibodeaux, Louisiana, and an affiliated healthcare management company, in connection with the sale of a controlling interest in those businesses to Elm Creek Partners I, LLC, a private equity company.
- Acquisition of National Wholesaler. Stone Pigman represented Union Capital Group as Louisiana counsel, in connection with its acquisition of Nationwide Marketing Group, a national wholesale supplier of appliances, home electronics and furniture.
- Stone Pigman represented a foreign-based, privately held company in its sale of its multi-national commodity warehousing business.
- Stone Pigman represented ITA-NOLA, L.L.C. in connection with its acquisition of the assets of Southland International of Louisiana, L.L.C., a distributor of International and IC Bus brand vehicles in the Houma and Greater New Orleans areas.
- South Korean Bulk Storage Facility Purchase. Stone Pigman represented Westway Group, Inc. and ED&F Man Korea Limited in the lease with an option to purchase of a bulk liquid storage facility and related business located in Incheon, South Korea.
News & Events
- Effective Date of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and Temporary Period of Non-Enforcement04.01.2020
- Main Street Loans for Nonprofits
Federal Reserve Modifies Main Street Lending Program to Allow Lending to Nonprofit Organizations07.22.2020
- U.S. Treasury Issues New PPP Loan Guidance on Borrower Certifications, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, and ESOPs04.27.2020
- The Louisiana Fourth Circuit Adds To The Growing Body Of Law Regarding Inspection Rights Of LLC Members03.13.2020
- America's Most Responsible Companies 2020
Legal Considerations for a Corporate Social Responsibility Program12.30.2019
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision Significantly Affects Whether an Arbitration Clause Compels Class Arbitration06.27.2019
- IRS Issues New Guidance for Opportunity Zones: What Investors and Businesses Need to do to Benefit from New Tax Incentives04.19.2019
- Civil Liability for Initial Coin Offerings: Tokens Offered in ICOs May Constitute "Securities" Under the Louisiana Securities Law03.29.2019
- The 2018 Farm Bill Brings Significant Changes to the Cannabis Industry While the FDA Retains a Central Role03.08.2019
- Protecting Your Brand Against Impersonation: What do you do when your company's brand has been used as bait in a phishing scam?12.20.2018
Honors & Awards
In the News
- Heather Lonian Joins the Biz Talks Podcast to Discuss How to Create an Inclusive Anti-Racist Workplace07.01.2020
- Annie McBride Discuss Contracts with Urban League of Louisiana’s Women-In-Business Challenge Members11.01.2017
- Scott Whittaker and Dan Walter to address Tax and Other Incentives for Entrepreneurship in Louisiana at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week03.27.2014
- Scott Whittaker to Present at the American Bar Association's 18th National Institute on Negotiating Business Acquisitions11.14.2013
- Paul Masinter to Moderate "Keeping Cool When Betting the Company" Panel at the 2013 ABA Annual Meeting08.10.2013