Business entities must be positioned to improve margins, reduce risk exposure, and access markets and technology. The Corporate and Business Law Practice Group is equipped to respond creatively and effectively to these needs of our clients. This breadth and depth of experience enables us to efficiently handle business transactions of any size, complexity or context. We handle mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and private placements, and all types of debt financing and equity interests. We also advise on securities compliance, corporate governance, tax and executive compensation.
We advise both leading and emerging companies, as well as financial institutions and funds. For public companies, we can assist in preparing the periodic reports and other information which federal and state agencies require to be filed and transmitted to shareholders.
We act as corporate counsel for many regional companies large and small; engaging in a wide variety of business activities. In representing acquiring companies, venture capitalists, investment bankers and institutional private investors over many years, the firm has developed experience in all types of corporate finance transactions. We also have extensive experience with non-corporate entities including partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), registered limited liability partnerships and trusts.
Some representative matters our Corporate and Business Law attorneys have handled include:
- Heavy Equipment Asset Sale. Stone Pigman represented Tuff Equipment Rentals, L.L.C. in an asset sale of its construction equipment rental business to Volvo Equipment Rents, Inc.
- Urgent Care Representation. Stone Pigman represented the physician owners of urgent care centers located in Metairie, Kenner and Thibodeaux, Louisiana, and an affiliated healthcare management company, in connection with the sale of a controlling interest in those businesses to Elm Creek Partners I, LLC, a private equity company.
- Acquisition of National Wholesaler. Stone Pigman represented Union Capital Group as Louisiana counsel, in connection with its acquisition of Nationwide Marketing Group, a national wholesale supplier of appliances, home electronics and furniture.
- Stone Pigman represented a foreign-based, privately held company in its sale of its multi-national commodity warehousing business.
- Stone Pigman represented ITA-NOLA, L.L.C. in connection with its acquisition of the assets of Southland International of Louisiana, L.L.C., a distributor of International and IC Bus brand vehicles in the Houma and Greater New Orleans areas.
- South Korean Bulk Storage Facility Purchase. Stone Pigman represented Westway Group, Inc. and ED&F Man Korea Limited in the lease with an option to purchase of a bulk liquid storage facility and related business located in Incheon, South Korea.
News & Events
Honors & Awards
In the News
- Will Bishop and Scott Whittaker to Discuss Key Factors in Determining Value of Pre-Revenue Companies03.22.2017
- Scott Whittaker and Dan Walter to address Tax and Other Incentives for Entrepreneurship in Louisiana at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week03.27.2014
- Scott Whittaker to Present at the American Bar Association's 18th National Institute on Negotiating Business Acquisitions11.14.2013
- Paul Masinter to Moderate "Keeping Cool When Betting the Company" Panel at the 2013 ABA Annual Meeting08.10.2013