Monette Davis assists clients with insurance defense and commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining Stone Pigman in 2019, Monette served as the 2018-2019 Editor-In-Chief of the Southern University Law Review, and served as a Judicial Extern for Judge Ivan L.R. Lemelle in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association member and 2022-2024 Young Lawyer Leadership Program member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association member and Leadership LSBA 2022/2023 Class member.
- Nexus Louisiana board member.
- Greater New Orleans Chapter of the Louis A. Martinet Society member.
- L.E.A.D. Program at Dillard University mentor.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder 2022.
- The Louisiana State Law Institute Junior member 2019 - 2020.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Greater New Orleans Louis A. Martinet Legal Society's President's Award 2022 recipient.
- Member of the Month, March 2021 and April 2022.
- National Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, "Young Lawyer of the Week," February 2022.
News & Events
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "Planning for Discovery at the Pleading Stage" Published on the ABA's Website04.08.2021
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "Preserving Error When Amending a Complaint after Claims Have Been Dismissed" Published on the ABA's Website03.19.2021
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "Possession, Custody, or Control: Federal Court's Persuasive Authority Can Assist State Court's Decision" Published on the ABA's Website11.30.2020
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "How Taking Inconsistent Positions Can Lead to Dismissal under the Judicial Estoppel Doctrine" Published on the ABA's Website10.28.2020
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "The Trouble with Replacement Productions" Published on the ABA's Website08.05.2020
Panelist, "What Do Lawyers Do?" American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, February 2023.
Panelist, "Transition from Law School to Lawyer," American Bar Association, September 2022.
Panel Moderator, "2021 End of the Year CLE: Balancing the Scales –Tips for Motion Practice and Oral Advocacy," GNO Martinet Legal Society, December 2021.
Panel Moderator, "Raising the Bar Presents: Views from the Bench: Tips for Oral Advocacy & Persuasive Writing," GNO Martinet Legal Society, May 2021.
Southern University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Editor in Chief, Southern University Law Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Torts I
- GNO Louis A. Martinet Legal Society Scholarship Recipient
Dillard University, B.A. in Sociology/Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2013
- Judicial Extern for Judge Ivan L.R. Lemelle in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.