Monette Davis assists clients with commercial litigation, insurance defense, and family law matters. Monette joined Stone Pigman in 2019, having graduated cum laude from Southern University Law Center in 2019, where she served as the Editor-In-Chief of the Southern University Law Review and was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future award for her spring 2017 Torts class. Prior to joining Stone Pigman, she served as a Judicial Extern for Judge Ivan L.R. Lemelle in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- City Manager for PinkNailsEnt, a nonprofit organization that volunteers to meet the needs of individuals in impoverished communities by providing professional guidance and care. Monette oversees programs and operations that are directed by the Executive Director in accordance with the policies and procedures, while also providing professional leadership skills administration, staff management/training and financial management.
Honors & Awards
News & Events
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "Planning for Discovery at the Pleading Stage" Published on the ABA's Website04.08.2021
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "Preserving Error When Amending a Complaint after Claims Have Been Dismissed" Published on the ABA's Website03.19.2021
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "Possession, Custody, or Control: Federal Court's Persuasive Authority Can Assist State Court's Decision" Published on the ABA's Website11.30.2020
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "How Taking Inconsistent Positions Can Lead to Dismissal under the Judicial Estoppel Doctrine" Published on the ABA's Website10.28.2020
- Monette Davis' Practice Point "The Trouble with Replacement Productions" Published on the ABA's Website08.05.2020
Southern University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Editor in Chief, Southern University Law Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Torts I
- GNO Louis A. Martinet Legal Society Scholarship Recipient
Dillard University, B.A. in Sociology/Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2013
- Judicial Extern for Judge Ivan L.R. Lemelle in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.