- Represented major oil company in multiple mass tort actions and putative class actions relating to alleged exposure to toxins from leaking pipeline.
- Defended company from claims brought by disgruntled investor alleging she had been fraudulently induced to make her investment.
- Defended principal from contribution claims brought by investor in failed restaurant venture.
- Represented owner and operator of oilfield waste disposal facilities in putative class action and mass tort actions relating to alleged exposure to toxins.
- Represented housing authority and officers in defense of contract and other claims brought by terminated developer and its officers.
- Represented telecommunications equipment manufacturer in contract and fraud suit brought by bankruptcy trustee of defunct regional service provider.
- Represented, as local counsel, major internet company sued for alleged trademark infringement.
- Represented city in claims brought by statewide retirement systems for statutory contributions.
- Represented, on a pro bono basis, local animal welfare agency in suit alleging property damage in the course of Hurricane Katrina animal rescue operations.
- Represented founder of publicly-traded company in company’s bankruptcy case and related adversary proceedings.
- Defended several major pharmaceutical companies in prescription drug product liability actions alleging fatalities and serious personal injuries.
- Representing out-of-state bank in asserting claim against title insurer under title insurance policies, in first known litigated case involving vessel title insurance.
- Represented commercial landlords and tenants in multiple lease disputes.
- Represented individuals suing painting contractor and its insurer for personal injuries and property damage resulting from lead paint hazard.
- Represented individual suing electrical contractor for property damage resulting from house fire.
- Represented multiple property owners in appeals of ad valorem property tax assessments.
- Representing manufacturer in suit against third party for damage to client’s natural gas pipeline.
- Represented shareholders asserting claims against publicly-traded companies for violations of federal and state securities laws.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- New Orleans Bar Association member.
- Bayou Rebirth, a local non-profit environmental organization, Board Member.
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project volunteer.
- Andy is active in the fathers’ clubs of Academy of the Sacred Heart and St. Andrew’s Episcopal School.
- He is an officer of the local chapter of the University of Texas alumni association.
- Andy is an Adjunct Professor at Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where he teaches a trial practice seminar in e-discovery and digital evidence.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2020.
News & Events
Presenter, "Ethical Issued in E-Discovery," 63rd Mineral Law Institute CLE program hosted by the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center (April 1 2016).
Presenter, "Daubert Motions in State Court," Litigation for Lawyers, New Orleans Bar Association (September 27, 2012).
- "Every Counsel's Checklist: Handling a Case Involving a Plaintiff Who Has Filed Bankruptcy," Louisiana Bar Journal (April/May 2012).
- Co-Author, Mendez, A. & Wehlen, N., "Unscheduled Debtor Assets: A Risk to Purchasers in Good Faith?" American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law RPTE eReport (June 15, 2010).
- Co-Author, Superseding and Staying Judgments: A National Compendium (American Bar Association 2007) (Louisiana chapter).
- Co-Author, Mendez, A. & Lemaire, J., "Is a Cause of Action Against a Product Manufacturer for Negligent Training Barred by the LPLA?," Louisiana Bar Journal (Oct./Nov. 2006).
- Co-Author, Execution of Judgments, Louisiana Civil Practice Forms (Thompson West) (2001-2005).
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
University of Texas at Austin School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1996
- Administrative Editor, Texas Law Review, 1994-96
University of Maryland at College Park, cum laude, 1992