Edward Bukaty is a corporate and transactional lawyer. From large businesses to emerging companies, clients look to Edward to successfully guide them through their commercial transactions. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, he has helped local businesses navigate the multitude of state and federal relief opportunities to minimize the pandemic’s negative economic effects.
Edward also provides legal consulting services on a pro bono basis to underserved populations through the Legal Help for the Homeless Program.
Represented company in asphalt paving and civil construction agency in $120 million sale to a publicly traded company.
Represented shareholders of marketing agency in sale of marketing agency to internal management.
Represented company in acquisition of business providing field service technicians and products for the oil and gas industry.
- Represented numerous clients in acquisitions of restaurants.
- Represented group of companies engaged in homogenized tobacco leaf cigar wraps and cones business in $46 million sale of intellectual property rights to publicly traded provider of tobacco products and in restructuring of offshore companies to achieve greater tax efficiency.
- Represented company in elevator service business in $13 million sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented leading Louisiana-based venture capital platform in $8 million acquisition of series A preferred stock of company that provides technology platform to help non-profit organizations increase capacity and enable enterprises that deploy billions of dollars to scale impact.
- Represented security alarm monitoring company in Louisiana in connection with acquisition by a publicly traded company seeking to enter the security alarm monitoring business.
- Represented company in connection with the formation and capitalization of a joint venture to engage in the business of extracting and producing non-THC cannabinoids and cannabinols from hemp, and manufacturing various consumer products containing hemp and non-THC cannabinoids and cannabinols.
- Represented private equity group as local counsel in connection with its $140 million acquisition of an on-line retailer headquartered in Louisiana.
- Represented global manufacturer and supplier of liquid animal feed supplements in connection with an approximately $2 million joint venture with an owner and operator of beet sugar production and distribution facilities, for the construction and operation of a liquid animal feed manufacturing facility.
- Represented a holding company for a suite of excess and surplus lines insurance companies, in drafting, negotiating and closing the $10 million issuance of new securities to a property and casualty insurance company.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
Current chair of the Business Transactions Committee of the New Orleans Bar Association.
- American Bar Association Business Law Section member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association Corporate and Business Law Section member.
- Edward has volunteered with the Division of Real Estate and Records for the City of New Orleans to prepare servitude agreements between the City and private individuals.
- He has volunteered at the New Orleans Family Justice Center.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021 - 2023.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star 2021 - 2023.
- New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyer" 2021 and 2022.
News & Events
- U.S. Treasury Issues New PPP Loan Guidance on Borrower Certifications, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, and ESOPs04.27.2020
Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Served on the Tulane Law Review
Louisiana State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2011
- Hale Boggs Scholarship, University Medalist and Crescent City Tiger
- Judicial Intern for Judge Jay C. Zainey in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Judicial Extern for Judge Jane Triche Milazzo for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.