- Represented group of companies engaged in homogenized tobacco leaf cigar wraps and cones business in $46 million sale of intellectual property rights to publicly traded provider of tobacco products and in restructuring of offshore companies to achieve greater tax efficiency.
- Represented company in elevator service business in $13 million sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented leading Louisiana-based venture capital platform in $8 million acquisition of series A preferred stock of company that provides technology platform to help non-profit organizations increase capacity and enable enterprises that deploy billions of dollars to scale impact.
- Represented security alarm monitoring company in Louisiana in connection with acquisition by a publicly traded company seeking to enter the security alarm monitoring business.
- Represented company in connection with the formation and capitalization of a joint venture to engage in the business of extracting and producing non-THC cannabinoids and cannabinols from hemp, and manufacturing various consumer products containing hemp and non-THC cannabinoids and cannabinols.
- Represented private equity group as local counsel in connection with its $140 million acquisition of an on-line retailer headquartered in Louisiana.
- Represented global manufacturer and supplier of liquid animal feed supplements in connection with an approximately $2 million joint venture with an owner and operator of beet sugar production and distribution facilities, for the construction and operation of a liquid animal feed manufacturing facility.
- Represented a holding company for a suite of excess and surplus lines insurance companies, in drafting, negotiating and closing the $10 million issuance of new securities to a property and casualty insurance company.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association Business Law Section member.
- Louisiana State Bar Association Corporate and Business Law Section member.
- Edward has volunteered with the Division of Real Estate and Records for the City of New Orleans to prepare servitude agreements between the City and private individuals.
- He has volunteered at the New Orleans Family Justice Center.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021.
News & Events
- U.S. Treasury Issues New PPP Loan Guidance on Borrower Certifications, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Firms, and ESOPs04.27.2020
Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Served on the Tulane Law Review
Louisiana State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2011
- Hale Boggs Scholarship, University Medalist and Crescent City Tiger
- Judicial Intern for Judge Jay C. Zainey in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Judicial Extern for Judge Jane Triche Milazzo for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.