- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in numerous proceedings involving the merger of investor owned and cooperative electric public utilities.
- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in proceedings involving the quantification and recoverability of the costs to electric utilities for repair and rebuilding due to damage caused by hurricanes and tropical storms as well as the securitization of those costs.
- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in proceedings involving the quantification and recoverability of abandoned plant costs as well as the securitization of those costs.
- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in state and federal proceedings regarding the potential movement of electric utilities to Regional Transmission Organizations.
- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in various matters pending before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regarding cost allocation among operating companies of major Louisiana electric utilities and the generation procurement practices of electric utilities.
- Has advised a member of the Louisiana Congressional Delegation regarding energy legislation.
- Has represented the Louisiana Public Service Commission in Dockets considering the appropriate level of avoided costs to Qualifying Facilities.
- Represents the Louisiana Public Service Commission in various Dockets concerning requests for rate increases, development of formula rate plans and the siting and certification of new generating units for various electric utilities in Louisiana.
- Represented an offshore leaseholder client in proceedings in federal court in which an interstate gas pipeline attempted to invalidate a long term gas purchase contract.
- Represented the State of Louisiana in a claim for overpaid royalties and severance taxes arising out of a settlement with the Department of Energy for violation of crude oil price control regulations.
- Regularly represents state regulatory agency staff in various retail ratemaking proceedings.
- Represented national pipe manufacturer in litigation related to the breach of a purchase contract for the construction of a sewerage system.
- Represented a group of medical practitioners related to the breach of a partnership agreement to construct a medical facility.
- Represented entity constructing aquarium in litigation attempting to block the permitting of that construction.
- Represented brokerage house and broker against unsuitability and churning claims.
- Represented large landowner in mineral rights litigation seeking cancellation of mineral lease.
- Represented parish taxing authority in litigation challenging levy of property tax for water and drainage district.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Energy Bar Association member and past board member of the New Orleans Chapter.
- American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, and New Orleans Bar Association member.
- Noel has worked with the United Way of Greater New Orleans, the Archbishop's Community Appeal, and other charitable organizations.
- He is a member of Mary, Queen of Peace Catholic Church and has been involved in church and school activities for many years.
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America 2021 Edition recognized for Energy Regulatory Law and Utilities Law.
- Chambers and Partners 2020 Edition recognized for Energy & Natural Resources, Louisiana.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2020 Edition recognized for Utilities and Energy & Natural Resources.
- New Orleans Magazine recognized as a "Top Lawyer" in 2019 for Energy Law and Natural Resource Law.
- Three Stone Pigman Lawyers Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers; 33 Named to Best Lawyers List08.15.2019
News & Events
- Co-authored "Antitrust Law" 35 Loyola Law Review 687 (1989).
- Note, Interspousal Contracts, 42 La. L. Rev. 727 (1982).
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia
- Louisiana Federal and State Courts
Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, J.D., 1983
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Named to the Louisiana Law Review
Louisiana State University, 1980