Violet Obioha assists clients with corporate, business and commercial real estate matters. She joined Stone Pigman in 2018 after graduating summa cum laude from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she was a member of the Loyola Law Review, Vice President and Gala Chair of the Black Law Students Association, a member of the St. Thomas More Loyola Inns of Court, a William L. Crowe Scholar, a Dean's Merit Scholarship recipient and a Semora "Lola" Davis Scholarship recipient.
Outside of work, Violet served as a Fundraising/Donations Committee Lead and Project Coordinator for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and was an activity organizer and volunteer for the New Orleans Book Festival. She also served as an AmeriCorps Member and Team Leader for City Year New Orleans from 2013-2015 and received the Joseph Massenburg Memorial Award for Excellence in National Service for her efforts.
- Assisted in representation of company in elevator service business in $13 million sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented health care provider in the acquisition of a health care facility.
Professional & Civic Activities
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association member.
- Greater New Orleans Chapter of the Louis A. Martinet Society member.
- American Bar Association member.
- Junior member of the Louisiana State Law Institute from 2018-2019.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder.
News & Events
In the News
Speaker, "The Perfect Storm - The COVID-19 Convergence of Lease and Loan Document Provisions," Louisiana Bankers Association Virtual Bank Counsel Conference, December 2020.
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2018
- Member, Loyola Law Review
- Vice President & Gala Chair, Black Law Students Association, 2016-2017
- Member, St. Thomas More Loyola Inns of Court
- William L. Crowe Scholar
- Dean's Merit Scholarship recipient
- Semora Lola Davis Scholarship recipient
- Law of Excellence Award: Administrative Law, Advanced Legal Research, Civil Procedure II, Constitutional Criminal Procedure, Criminal Law, Civil Law Donations and Trust, Employment Discrimination, Family Law Seminar, Obligations I, Civil Law Property I, and Security Rights
Loyola University New Orleans, B.S., summa cum laude, 2012